Code of conduct
Copyright Agency and Viscopy have been signatories to the voluntary Code of Conduct for copyright collecting societies since its establishment in 2002. Each year we are required to submit a report to the Code Reviewer who assesses our compliance against the Code.
Download a PDF copy of the Code of Conduct for Copyright Collecting Societies
Annual Review of the Compliance with Code
Collecting societies’ compliance with the Code of Conduct is reviewed each year by the Code Reviewer, a former judge of the Federal Court.
The process includes:
- a report by each society on its compliance with the Code
- calls for submissions from members, licensees and others affected by the activities of copyright collecting societies
- a report by the Code Reviewer, published on each society’s website
Making a submission on a collecting society’s compliance with the Code of Conduct
Licensees, members and others can make a submission to the Code Reviewer about a collecting society’s compliance with the Code of Conduct.
- post to: The Code Reviewer, Suite 704, 4 Young Street, Neutral Bay NSW 2089, Australia, or
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions are due by the end of July each year.
The current Code Reviewer is the Hon Dr Kevin Lindgren AM QC, a former judge of the Federal Court and President of the Copyright Tribunal. More here.
Previous Code Reviewer’s reports
Reports from earlier years are available from the Code of Conduct page on the Screenrights website (Screenrights manages the secretariat function for the Code)
For more information on the background to the Code: